Family-Based Group Treatment
Family-based Group Treatment for Children with ADHD and Their Parents
The ADHD Group Treatment Program consists of weekly groups for parents and children. Parents meet in a group to collaborate with one another and enhance parenting skills. Children meet with their peers to learn the tools and skills necessary to improve their social skills and their well-being. Families are brought together for the last portion of the group to work on a task or review key concepts.
- Increases parental knowledge concerning ADHD and other disorders
- Increases compliant behavior and decreases defiant behavior by your child
- Promotes empathic, effective methods of discipline
- Improves communication between you and your child
- Helps parents to help children navigate social situations
- Enhances collaboration skills with teachers and the educational system
- Provides a group setting where parents can receive support from peers
- Increases child’s awareness of and sensitivity to his/her impact upon peers
- Improves social skills within a group format
- Provides training in anger management, conflict resolution and problem-solving
- Helps children learn skills to cope when feeling anxious, sad or frustrated.
- Provides a fun atmosphere where children can enjoy being with peers who can relate to them
my child has:
Search for a Condition or Treatment below.