The Bleeding Disorders and Thrombosis program at the Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center is designed to deliver comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to children and young adults with bleeding and clotting disorders.
Some of our services include
- Diagnostic evaluation and treatment of abnormal bleeding
- Surgery optimization to avoid bleeding
- Minimizing bleeding during pregnancy and childbirth
- Personalized screenings to help you access your risk of developing blood clots
We offer patient/family education, home infusion programs, assessment and treatment of bleeding and clotting episodes, and counseling and family support.
This program is also involved in conducting clinical research studies in the area of bleeding and clotting disorders. We are an affiliate member of ATHN (American Thrombosis and Research Network).
Our Comprehensive Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC), which is located within the Oncology Institute at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, is the federally designated regional hemophilia program for Long Island. The HTC provides comprehensive multidisciplinary services to over 100 children and their families with hemophilia, von Willebrand disease and related bleeding disorders.
Through its participation in the Hemophilia Consortium Inc, the LIJ Medical Center HTC offers its patients:
- The lowest possible prices for clotting factor concentrate
- Choice of all licensed products, home distribution and medical waste disposal
- Educational programs and scientific panels for patients, families, physicians and third party payers
HTC staffing includes Suchitra S. Acharya, MD, a pediatric hematologist, and Richard A. Lipton, MD, MPH, an internal medicine hematologist. Staff also includes an orthopedist, two nurse clinicians, a genetic counselor, a social worker, a physical therapist and a dental hygienist.
The HTC provides patients with a comfortable waiting area, examination rooms and a conference room.
- Comprehensive evaluations for children are performed on Thursdays
- Walk-in visits with acute medical problems are accommodated Monday - Friday.
my child has:
Search for a Condition or Treatment below.