The mission of the Comprehensive Sickle Cell program at Cohen Children’s Medical Center is to provide individualized, preventive medical and psychological care to children with sickle cell disease from birth to 21 years of age. Education and counseling are an integral part of each clinic visit.
Care is coordinated by a pediatric specialist and a pediatric hematologist to ensure the highest quality care possible.
Care emphasizes prevention but requires constant monitoring and care of complications resulting from the abnormal hemoglobin.
Our sickle cell program at Cohen Children’s Medical Center includes:
- Comprehensive care by pediatric hematologists and specialized nurse practitioners
- A specialized high-risk clinic
- Family education
- Access to a pediatric pain specialist (inpatient and outpatient)
- Access to national clinical trials
- A summer camp program (where your child can spend some quality time just being a kid)
Other treatment options available at CCMC:
- Transfusion/ pheresis/ iron overload management
- Stem cell transplantation - related and unrelated stem cell transplant trials using reduced intensity conditioning regimen
my child has:
Search for a Condition or Treatment below.