Radiology at Forest Hills
The Department of Radiology consists of experienced radiologists who lead a group of radiologic technologists, mammography technologists, nuclear medicine technologists, sonography technologists, physician assistants and a nurse. Our radiologists are fellowship-trained in a variety of subspecialties.
Our technologists are licensed and certified by an appropriate accrediting body such as the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, the Nuclear Medicine Technology Board and the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.
The Department of Radiology provides a broad spectrum of services for inpatients, outpatients and patients in the Emergency Department. Our services include:
- CT-guided biopsy
- CT-guided or ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration
- CT-guided or ultrasound-guided drainage
- Lower and upper extremity angiogram with angioplasty and stent placement
- Dialysis catheter placement
- PICC line placement
- Percutaneous nephrostory catheter placement
- Ureteral stent placement
- Percutaneous biliary drainage
- IVC filter replacement
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
Department Head and Faculty
Mahendra Sharma, MD
Jim Henglein, MPA, RT(R)
Forest Hills Hospital
102-01 66th Road, 3rd Floor
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Hours of Operation
Regular business hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Emergency diagnostics are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Scheduling and Appointments
Main Department and General Information