This specialty program, developed by the North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network, provides comprehensive mental health management of adult psychiatric patients.
Psychiatric nurses, working under the direction of the patient's physician, lead a team of social workers, physical therapists, and home health aides (all ordered as needed) to support the patient's independence in the community. By providing psychiatric education to the patient and their caregivers, our goal is to foster medication compliance and prevent re-hospitalization.
- Supportive psycho-education of the individual and their caregivers
- Medication instruction and monitoring
- Administration of intramuscular long-acting psychiatric medications
- Transition to and compliance with community mental health services
- Coordination with patient's medical treatment
- Teaching regarding coping with chronic mental illness, relaxation therapy
Call The Home Care Network toll-free at (866) 651-4200 to discuss your personal home care needs.