The Division of Neuroradiology specializes in advanced imaging of the brain, spine, spinal cord, head and neck, and neurovascular system in adult and pediatric patients. Our team of board certified and CAQ certified neuroradiologists and neurointerventional radiologists work closely with the neurosurgeons, neurologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, endocrinologists, ENT, orthopedists, and generalist physicians in helping diagnose and treat a widespread spectrum of disorders affecting the central nervous system.
The department of radiology in cooperation with the department of anesthesiology at Long Island Jewish Medical Center has developed a premier sedation service for children and adults having imaging studies such as MRI and CT scans. The program is run with a dedicated team of pediatric anesthesiologists and nurses to help ensure a positive experience for the patient and parent. The sedation program at Long Island Jewish served over 1500 sedations in the year of 2008. We are committed to quality patient scans in a timely and safe manner.
Our health care facilities offer a full range of diagnostic and treatment procedures including:
- MRI (open available) and CT of brain, spine, spinal cord, head/neck
- MR Spectroscopy
- Functional MRI
- Conventional catheter angiograms and noninvasive CTA/MRA workups of the neurovascular system
- Endovascular evaluation and treatment of aneurysms and vascular malformations
- Lumbar puncture/spinal tap, myelograms
- Dental Scans
- Craniofacial 3D CT reconstructions
- Pediatric anesthesiologist sedation for long pediatric imaging studies
Karen Black, M.D., Chief of Neuroradiology, NSUH
Alan Johnson, M.D., Chief of Neuroradiology, LIJMC
Rona Woldenberg, M.D., Associate Chief of Neuroradiology, NSUH
Craig Warshall, M.D., Program Director, LIJMC
Eric Cantos, M.D.
Adam Evans, M.D.
Michal Hertz-Shargel, M.D.
Tamara Mochuchy, M.D.
Vinh Nguyen, M.D
Barry Shpizner, M.D.