The North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provides comprehensive specialized joint replacement home care services emphasizing rehabilitation, wellness and recovery at home.
- The Rehabilitation Nurse Coordinator acts as a liaison between the Orthopedic Surgeon and all disciplines
- Patients receive Physical Therapy within 24 hours of discharge from hospital or rehabilitation facility
- Physical Therapists are competency trained in the Joint Replacement Disease Management Program and administer intensive therapy to improve functional outcomes
- Physical Therapists instruct and provide patients with written standardized joint replacement precautions and a home exercise program
- Occupational Therapists address Activities of Daily Living and Independent Activities of Daily Living
- Home Safety Assessments and recommendations for adapting the home environment to ensure patient safety and positive rehabilitation outcomes
- Home Health Aide services for personal care and assistance with exercise program.The aides work under the direction of the Physical Therapist to provide care as per the physician orders.
Other Clinical Services
- Nursing to instruct and teach medication regime,instruct in diet and assess impact of other health related needs on current clinical status
- Social Work to assess and educate on discharge and long-term planning
- Infusion Services and Pharmaceuticals as necessary
Arrangements can be made for:
- Durable Medical Equipment
Call The Home Care Network toll-free at (866) 651-4200 to discuss your personal home care needs.