The North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network's stroke program provides an intensive, coordinated, comprehensive rehabilitation program for patients discharged from an acute, subacute or rehab setting following a stroke. Administered in the patient's home environment, with the goal of improving their functional ability and fostering independence, the program is individualized based on the patient's clinical status under the supervision of the patient's neurologist, neurosurgeon or primary care physician.
Stroke Home Care Team
- Therapy services: Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Social Work
- Laboratory (as requested by physician)
- Full patient assessment - patient's current and previous level of function and co-morbidities
- Stroke education and assessment of neurological, motor, sensory, speech, cognitive and visual deficits
- Architectural barriers
- Home safety recommendations
- Durable medical equipment needs
- Home exercise program
Call The Home Care Network toll-free at (866) 651-4200 to discuss your personal home care needs.