As part of our commitment to provide a continuum of care for our patients, the North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network has developed a specialized program that encompasses pediatric services for infants and children in the home environment and encourages families to participate in the care of pediatric patients.
Pediatric Home Care Team
- Managed by a pediatric registered nurse, under the direction of the patient's physician
- Services are provided by a team of experienced physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, social workers and home health aides, as needed
- Physical, developmental and psychosocial assessments
- Specialized pediatric intervention and education
- Medication instruction, administration and compliance
- Provision of the Synagis® protocol for the prevention of RSV in premature and immuno-suppressed infants
- Asthma management
Call The Home Care Network toll-free at (866) 651-4200 to discuss your personal home care needs.