The North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network Maternal/Child Home Care program is designed to facilitate the discharge of maternity patients from hospital to home and provide education and home care services for the new mother and infant.
- Each patient's care is managed by a maternal/child registered nurse, under the direction of the patient's physician
- Team also includes lactation specialists, social workers and maternal child/pediatric RNs and physical therapists
- Educational support for high-risk pregnancy, including recognition of signs and symptoms of early labor and compliance with physician's instructions
- Postpartum care, including early identification and intervention for symptoms of maternal and newborn complications
- Information and techniques for feeding infants, including breast feeding
- Social Work as needed
- Post-Caesarian Section care
- Support and encouragement to follow up with obstetrician/gynecologist and pediatrician
Call The Home Care Network toll-free at (866) 651-4200 to discuss your personal home care needs.