Internal Medicine Residency at NSLIJ Health System
The North Shore-LIJ internal medicine residency provides comprehensive training that emphasizes clinical competence, research, leadership, and patient-centered care, all in a context of collegiality. One of the nation’s largest health systems, North Shore-LIJ has unparalleled resources to support training, including a world-class research institute and an innovative new medical school. With a total of 135 residents, in 2012 the program ranks 14th in size out of almost 400 IM residency programs nationally.
- Part of one of the nation’s largest healthcare systems.
- Integrated with Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine, the state’s first new allopathic medical school in more than 50 years.
- Innovative scheduling model that reduces fragmentation of education and patient care.
- Training sites in an upscale suburban community less than 30 minutes from Manhattan.
- Health system includes all major subspecialty fellowships.
- Extraordinary track record of acceptance by top fellowship programs.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits.
- Diverse patient population from throughout greater metropolitan New York.
- North Shore-LIJ’s Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, in top 5% of NH funding.
For more information download the .pdf which includes an overview of our program, how to apply, fellowship and PGY1 matches, salary, and benefits.
Please contact us for information or help with the application process.
Saima Chaudhry, MD, MSHS
Kelly Spielmann, MS