Stroke Prevention Clinic at LIJ Medical Center
- Every 45 seconds, someone in America has a stroke.
- About 700,000 Americans will have a stroke this year.
- Stroke is our nation's #3 killer and a leading cause of long-term disability.
Do you know:
- If you at risk for a stroke?
- If you have risk factors that can be altered?
- What you can do to prevent a stroke?
- Which medications can prevent a stroke?
Our program can help reduce your risk of suffering a stroke. Utilizing technology and the medical expertise of our fellowship-trained stroke neurologist, Dr. Richard Libman, and our nursing staff, the Stroke Prevention Clinic evaluates individuals who may be at risk for a stroke and helps them prevent it. A visit to the clinic includes:
- A detailed physical exam and history.
- An ultrasound of the carotid artery (painless evaluation of the major arteries in the neck which supply blood to the brain).
- A risk factor analysis.
Back to Top