As our patient, you are very important to us. We want to help you understand our billing process, and try to provide you with a bill that's easy to understand.
If you ever have any questions about your bill, please call us at (888) 214-4065 or fill out our Contact Us form. All you need to do is give us your account number, and we will help you promptly.
Keys to Understanding Your Hospital Bill
- Change of Address/Insurance Information — To be completed if your address or insurance information has changed. (On reverse side of bill.)
- Facility Name — This is the North Shore-LIJ facility where the medical treatment took place.
- Patient Information — This is the name of the person who received medical care.
- Payment Due Date — This is the date when the next payment is due. If payment is not made by this date, financing charges and other fees may accrue.
- Credit Cards Accepted — North Shore-LIJ accepts Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
- Insurance Information — These are the names of the insurance providers for this patient.
- Name of Responsible Party — The name and address of the person responsible for paying the bill.
- Address to Send Payment To — This is the address where you should mail your payment using the provided envelope.
- Patient Name — This is the name of the person who received medical treatment.
- Account Number — This is your unique identification. Please refer to this number on all correspondence and payments.
- Service Date(s) — These are the dates when the medical treatments took place.
- Account Balance — This is the amount you currently owe for medical treatments.
- Account Activity — This is the amount of any insurance payments, individual payments, or adjustments since your last statement.
- Important Message — This area contains messages to you relating to your statements.
- Customer Service Contact Information — This area contains the telephone number, Web address and operating hours for our customer service center.
Back to Top