CEMS NYS EMT and Paramedic Training Programs
The Emergency Medical Institute began as the Center for Emergency Training and Development back in 1990. The Center was developed by a group of dedicated and concerned individuals who discovered the need to educate students with no fire or EMS agency affiliation.
In it's early existence, the Center operated out of a converted van that would deliver equipment and supplies to class locations throughout the Nassau County. Having no dedicated facilities, classes were often conducted at local fire stations and schools.
In 1992, the Center initiated the first ever paramedic training program in the county of Nassau. Each year, the Emergency Medical Institute continues to train over 350 certified first responders, emergency medical technicians, and paramedics. Today, the Emergency Medical Institute is compromised of a group of over fifty experienced, and highly credentialed emergency medical professionals.
The Institute currently operates under the guidance of the Center for Learning & Innovation within the the North Shore-LIJ Health System. The Emergency Medical Institute continues to offer its students the very finest in pre-hospital emergency care education. Our 45,000 square foot Lake Success facility is conveniently located and easily accessible by several major highways. Our facilities offer our students the following added benefits:
- A state-of-the-art, comfortable learning environment
- Convenient and complimentary parking
- Student e-mail stations and other comfort facilities
- Modern, well maintained emergency medical equipment
- One of the country's largest high fidelity patient simulation centers
- A dedicated, knowledgeable, and committed instructional and support staff
- Books and equipment available on premise