Emergency Medical Technician Course
The Emergency Medical Technician Basic (EMT-B) Course at the Emergency Medical Institute is a 140-hour curriculum course, which consists of didactic lectures, skills labs, and clinical experiences. This comprehensive program exceeds the training requirements set forth by the State of New York Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Bureau. Upon successful completion of all course requirements, students will be eligible to participate in the New York State Certifying Practical and Written Examinations. This is an entry level course.
At the conclusion of this course, the Emergency Medical Technician will demonstrate competency in:
- Basic Knowledge of Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Patient Assessment
- Manage Compromised Airways
- Trauma Care
- Managing Medical Emergencies
- Administration of Basic Medications
- Utilization of Basic Life Support Equipment
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Hemorrhage Control
- Fracture and Spinal Immobilization/Management
- Managing Environmental Emergencies
- Emergency Childbirth
- Use of a Semi-Automatic Defibrillator
- Successful Course Completion
- Pass practical and written examinations
- Be at least 18 years of age
Emergency Medical Technician Attributes:
- Communicate verbally; via telephone and radio equipment
- Lift, carry, and balance up to 125 pounds (250 lbs.with assistance)
- Interpret written, oral and diagnostic reports
- Utilize good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situations
- Be unaffected by loud noises and flashing lights
- Interpret English language manuals and road maps
- Interview patients, family members and by-standers
- Document all relevant information
- Communicate with co-workers and hospital staff alike
- EMT Basic - Original Course Tuition $775.00*
**All funds will be collected at registration on the first day of class.
*Verified Fire & EMS Providers pay NO tuition for either of these courses.
To reserve a seat in this course, please visit our website for online registration.
If you have any questions, please call us at: (516) 396-6150.
|Emergency Medical Technician Basic Original|
|Course Date: September 5, 2012|
|Course Format: This course consists of 49 sessions|
|State Exam Date: March 21, 2013|
Location & Hours: