Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and Their Families
132 East Main Street Bay Shore, NY 11706
Phone: (631) 647-2530
Email the Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and Their Families
The Mildred and Frank Feinberg Division of the Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and Their Families is dedicated to enhancing the physical and emotional well-being of the military communities of Long Island. Founded in 2012, the Unified Behavioral Health Center is a unique, first-of-its-kind collaborative effort between North Shore-LIJ Health System and the Northport Veterans Administration to evaluate and treat military personnel and their family members.
The Unified Behavioral Health Center recognizes that service members’ sacrifices are shared by family members, yet the family is often overlooked when difficulties arise. Our team of professionals works together to provide the best possible treatment of issues common to military families, such as long-term exposure to stressful or traumatic events, fear for the safety of loved ones, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, family conflicts and children’s behavioral problems. The Center also addresses the unique needs for families before, during and after deployments, such as difficulties with reintegration that can affect adults and children.
The Center serves all family members of those who have served or are serving on active duty, in the reserves or with the National Guard, as well as veterans who do not have VA benefits.
Services offered include:
- No-cost confidential assessments
- No-cost treatment for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families
- Customized treatment plans
- Medication therapy and psychotherapy (individual, group and family)
- Coordinated care with the VA (when approved by the client)
- Health and wellness management
- Education and supportive resources
- Parenting and child workshops
- Referrals for physical and specialized longer-term behavioral health care
- Training for healthcare professionals
- Outreach, presentations, consultation and crisis counseling for military agencies
For more information on the Unified Behavioral Health Center, call (631) 647-2530.
Back to Top