The Office of Academic Affairs is the Health System's corporate medical education office. It provides multiple services to support medical students, residents, fellows and faculty participating in medical education on the many campuses of the Health System.
The Office of Academic Affairs Services
- Coordinates the educational committees including the Graduate Medical Education Committee and the Medical Education Executive Committee.
- Serves as a liaison between the Health System and the various accreditation agencies including the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, the Commission of Dental Medical Education, the American Osteopathic Association and the Council of Podiatric Medical Education as well as many other sub-specialty organizations.
- Serves as a liaison between the Health System and various local, state and federal regulatory agencies overseeing medical education.
- Conducts periodic internal audits for all accredited and independent graduate medical education programs.
- Monitors the annual initial and re-appointment process for house staff throughout the Health System.
- Sponsors a variety of house staff, medical student and faculty education programs.
- Responsible for the development of graduate and undergraduate medical education programs.
- Conducts the Health System's annual House Staff Orientation.
- Facilitates medical student town hall meetings.
- Supports the Health System House Staff Forum.
- Advocates for issues important to the housestaff.