Leading the Way in Gastroenterology
The Gastroenterology Department of North Shore-LIJ Health System is recognized worldwide for its clinical, technical and research expertise in all aspects of gastroenterological and liver diseases.
Within our gastroenterology services department is the Digestive Disease Institute, where our specialists integrate their diagnostic skills with the latest medical technologies to develop and provide therapies tailored to the needs of our patients.
The Digestive Disease Institute provides diagnosis and treatment for:
- Esophageal disease, such as hiatal hernia, GERD disease, esophageal motility disorders, and esophageal cancer
- Large bowel disease, such as irritable bowel disease, colon cancer, Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Small bowel disease, such as Crohn's disease, tumors, celiac disease and gastroenteritis
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver cancer, hereditary liver diseases
- Pancreas disease, such as pancreatitis, congenital and hereditary diseases and pancreatic cancer
- Stomach disease, such as irritable bowel syndrome, peptic ulcer disease, gastritis and gastric cancer
It is the mission of the Digestive Disease Institute to provide world-class patient care and research to Long Island and New York. The Center combines the best clinical, research and administrative practices for gastroenterology care to achieve recognition as a premier center of excellence.
North Shore-LIJ Health System and the Endoscopy Center of Long Island (ECLI) have joined forces to deliver comprehensive GI care. ECLI is the largest outpatient endoscopy center in New York State. This state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center specializes in technologically advanced colonoscopy, endoscopy and related gastrointestinal procedures. Committed to excellent patient satisfaction, the ECLI team is comprised of 14 board-certified gastroenterologists, colorectal surgeons, pathologists and anesthesiologists.
ECLI is located at 711 Stewart Avenue in Garden City, New York. Contact ECLI at (516) 998-4075.