The registered nurses at North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network provide a broad range of home nursing services for you or a loved one. Our home nurses provide an initial evaluation to determine your needs and work with your doctor to develop a plan of care. Our nurses will teach you the skills you need to manage your condition, including:
- Taking medications appropriately
- Caring for woundsand skin (cleaning and changing dressings)
- Giving injections
- Administering infusion therapy (e.g., intravenous medications, fluids and injectable medications) prepared by our in-house pharmacists. Home infusion therapy can be an effective treatment for pain management, infections and a variety of diseases and conditions. Services provided by RegionCare Infusion.
- A physical therapistcan help improve your strength, flexibility, balance and coordination.
- An occupational therapistcan help you improve personal care skills such as dressing, bathing, grooming and eating.
- A speech-language therapistcan help improve your communication skills.
- A social workerwill assess your emotional, environmental and social needs and may help with long-term planning, suggest strategies to help you through this difficult time and make referrals to community resources.
- A home health aide or personal care aidecan provide assistance with bathing, dressing, laundry, light housekeeping and preparing healthy meals.
- Heart failure — helping you to manage your medical treatment and lifestyle changes
- Cancer — helping you to manage your disease, medical treatment and any side effects
- Stroke — helping you to monitor your condition and understand the recovery process
- Diabetes — helping you manage your conditions and lifestyle changes
- Sickle Cell Disease — helping you to monitor and understand your condition and access community resources
- Joint Replacement — helping you to monitor your condition, understand the recovery process and resume activities as quickly and comfortably as possible
- High-risk Pregnancy — helping you to understand signs and symptoms of early labor during pregnancy, as well as breastfeeding and wound care support after birth
- Pediatric Conditions — helping you to provide specialized care for infants and young children
- Psychiatric Conditions — helping you to monitor conditions, understand medical treatments and use coping strategies
|Services Provided by:||North Shore-LIJ Home Care Network Agencies|
|Insurance/Payment:||Services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans if your physician deems them medically necessary.|
|Service Area:||Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island,
Nassau and Suffolk
Back to Top