Leading the Way in Radiation Medicine and Therapy
At North Shore-LIJ Radiation Medicine Department, advances in the diagnosis and treatment of a multitude of cancers are made daily. The Department of Radiation Medicine plays an integral role in the treatment of patients diagnosed with primary and secondary cancers by using innovative radiation procedures that precisely target the malignancy and reduce the amount of radiation to non-cancerous tissue.
North Shore-LIJ Radiation Medicine Department provides comprehensive care using the latest technology. Our team approach lets the patient and their families remain focused on their well being, knowing full well that all the resources of the health system are behind them to assure that the most effective treatments are offered and utilized.
Each patient's case presents unique challenges and requires individualized attention. Your radiation oncologist will outline a treatment plan that is best.
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Organ Tracking (Calypso and AlignRT)
- Image Based Treatment Planning
- Permanent Prostate Seed Implants
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy
- Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy
- MicroSphere Interventional Radiation Therapy
- Accelerated Partial Breast Radiation (Mammosite)
- Total Body Irradiation Pediatric Radiation Therapy
- Novalis Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Novalis Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
Patient Support Services
- Support groups
- Individual and family counseling
- Nutritional evaluation and counseling
- Wellness program referrals