Robotic Surgery Procedures
The robotics-trained surgeons of the Robotic Surgery department at North Shore-LIJ Health System are pioneering the use of the revolutionary, minimally invasive da Vinci® robotic surgery system across all aspects of general surgery, including robotic surgery procedures for the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, liver, spleen and pancreas.
The general surgeons at North Shore-LIJ Health System are the first in Nassau County to perform these robotic surgery procedures:
- Whipple Robotic Surgery Procedure – is a complex operation for pancreatic cancer. The surgery generally involves removal of the gallbladder, bile duct, part of the small intestine and head of the pancreas
- Esophagectomy Robotic Surgery Procedure – this robotic surgery removes the diseased portion of the esophagus through tiny incisions, thus avoiding the need for a large, abdominal incision.
- Splenectomy Robotic Surgery Procedure – is the removal of the spleen due to cysts and tumors. Robotic splenectomy surgery can be done with four tiny incisions, instead of a much larger single incision.
- Adrenalectomy Robotic Surgery Procedure – is the removal of the adrenal glands, which are the endocrine glands above each kidney responsible for the secretion of hormones. Traditionally performed with an open incision, robotic adrenalectomy surgery can now be done as a laparoscopic technique utilizing robotic technology via a small incision.
Robotic Surgery Procedures treated by the da Vinci® robotic surgery system
The skilled surgeons in General Surgery at North Shore-LIJ Health System utilize the da Vinci® Surgical System to perform the following robotic surgery procedures for these conditions:
- Adrenal Gland Tumor Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Liver Disease Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Liver wedge resection
- Pancreatitis / Pacreatic Cancer Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Distal pancreatectomy
- Achalasia (GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux / Hiatal Hernia) Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Heller myotomy
- Upper GI Tract Cancer Robotic Surgery Procedures:
- Paraesophageal hernia
- Head and Neck Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Spleen Cysts and Tumor Robotic Surgery Procedures:
- Colon Cancer Robotic Surgery Procedures:
- Colon Resection
- Sigmoid/Rectal Resection
- Rectopexy for rectal prolapse
- Abdominoperineal resection (APR)
- Transverse colon resection
- Low anterior resection (LAR)
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Robotic Surgery Procedure:
- Rectopexy for prolapse
- Obesity Robotic Surgery Procedures:
- Gastric Band
- Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Sleeve
- Lap Band
Back to Top
For more information or to request an appointment to discuss our robotic surgery procedures as a treatment option, please refer to our contact list of Robotic Surgeons at North Shore-LIJ Health System.