Joint Conditions Expertly Treated
Our orthopaedic surgeons perform the most advanced procedures to repair and relieve the most debilitating, chronic problems of the joints, bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons, such as:
Back to Top
- Arthritis – Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in our country and affects 50 million Americans, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) reports. Because they are weight-bearing joints, hips and knees are the most frequently affected joints.
- Osteoarthritis – The most common form of arthritis, osteoarthritis is caused by the slow and steady degeneration and thinning of the smooth cartilage that covers the ends of bones.
- Bursitis – Bursae act as cushions between bones and the overlying soft tissues to help reduce friction between the gliding muscles and the bone. When they become inflamed they cause joint pain, swelling and a limited range of motion.
- Thighbone fractures – The thighbone (femur) is the biggest and strongest bone in the human body. When it breaks, it demands the most experienced surgeons and the most advanced surgical procedures.
- Muscle strains in the thigh – Painful strains in the powerful thigh muscles can sideline a professional athlete's career and stop a weekend athlete in his tracks without the expert diagnosis and treatments provided by our orthopaedic specialists.
- Ligament injuries of the knee – The knee is the largest and most complex joint in your body. Knee ligament injuries are very common sports injuries and sometimes need ligament repair surgery or knee reconstruction surgery to correct the problem.