The Epilepsy Center
The Epilepsy Center of Cohen Children's Medical Center provides comprehensive care for children diagnosed with epilepsy and seizure disorders.
Our services include:
- Diagnostic testing
- Ambulatory EEG
- Long term inpatient and outpatient EEG monitoring
Multidisciplinary outpatient services and specialized treatments, including:
- Anti-epileptic drug therapy
- Ketogenic diet
- Investigational antiepileptic drugs
- Multidisciplinary evaluation for the surgical treatment of epilepsy in conjunction with neurosurgery
Long-term inpatient video-EEG monitoring
Children are admitted to the Cohen Children's Medical Center for continuous video-EEG monitoring. Computers detect and analyze seizures which are missed by observers. This procedure is useful in:
- Distinguishing seizures from non-epileptic events such as abnormal movements and tics
- Providing for accurate classification of seizures that permit specific treatment
- Determining the site of origin of seizures in patients who may be candidates for surgical treatment
Long-term ambulatory homebound EEG
24 hour, homebound EEG monitoring is available to rule out or to further analyze seizures.
my child has:
Search for a Condition or Treatment below.