What We Treat
Pediatric Cardiology Treatments
Significant advances in pediatric cardiology treatments have revolutionized medical care of children with heart disease, thanks to the interdisciplinary collaboration of dedicated physicians, scientists and engineers. Technological advances in areas such as imaging, interventional catheterization and surgical techniques have enabled pediatric cardiologists to provide improved diagnosis and treatment for infants, children and adolescents, as well as adults with congenital heart disease.
The Children's Heart Center at Cohen Children’s Medical Center is an integrated group of doctors, nurses and other health professionals working together to offer comprehensive, single-point-of-access, patient-centered care to infants, children and adolescents with heart disease. Our pediatric cardiologists provide a full array of outpatient and inpatient pediatric cardiology treatment services to children in Nassau and Suffolk Counties, as well as Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.
In order to provide your family with optimal diagnostic and therapeutic care, we offer the following pediatric cardiology treatment services:
- Outpatient Consultation Services An outpatient pediatric cardiology consultation includes a complete cardiac evaluation by a board certified physician who specializes in the care of infants and children with known or suspected heart disease.
- Fetal Cardiology Program The Fetal Cardiology Program provides outpatient fetal echocardiograms (ultrasound of the fetus's heart) to evaluate for possible abnormalities of the fetal heart.
- Outpatient Electophysiology Services Cardiac electrophysiologic studies help to determine the details of the electrical activity of the heart and may be useful in diagnosing and treating heart rhythm abnormalities.
- Comprehensive Inpatient Services Hospitalized children with known or suspected heart disease are afforded all the resources of an academic, state-of-the-art children's hospital.
- Adult Congenital Heart Program Adults with congenital or acquired heart disease may be transitioned to the Adult Congenital Heart Program in consultation with their pediatric cardiologist.
- Echocardiography Services Echocardiography (often called echo or cardiac ultrasound) allows pediatric cardiologists to look at the detailed structure of the heart, including the chambers, valves, veins and arteries, as well as the heart function.
Make an Appointment for our Pediatric Cardiology Services:
Cohen Children’s Medical Center makes it easy for you to take the first steps in ensuring your child is receiving the best pediatric cardiology treatments possible. Simply click the "Request an Appointment" button to arrange an appointment with our caring and dedicated pediatric cardiologists, or call 718-470-7350.
my child has:
Search for a Condition or Treatment below.