Teeth uneven or crooked
Uneven or crooked teeth are most often inherited traits that result in overlapping, twisted or crowded teeth. In some cases, an individual’s mouth is too small for their teeth. Overbite of the upper or lower jaw can create crooked teeth. Many other conditions can also lead to uneven or crooked teeth, including:
- Early loss of baby or adult teeth
- Improper fit of dental restorations
- Misalignment of the jaw due to facial injury
- Tumors of the mouth or jaw
- Oral health problems of children such as thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, and prolonged use of bottles and pacifiers.