Department of Dental Medicine at North Shore University Hospital
The Department of Dental Medicine provides comprehensive services in every area of dentistry, to every segment of the population including infants, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly as well as to the medically, physically and emotionally compromised. Care is provided in the following areas, each representing a Division of the Department:
- Anesthesia and pain control
- Dentistry for the medically compromised patient
- Dentistry for patients with special needs
- General dentistry
- Geriatric dentistry
- Cranio-mandibular disorders (TMD)
- Implantology, laser dentistry
- Oral medicine/oral pathology
- Oral surgery, orthodontics – corrective
- Orthodontics – interceptive, pediatric dentistry
- Periodontics, prosthodontics
The Dental Clinic provides patient services five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the new, ultra modern Dental Center located at 400 Community Drive. In addition, emergency services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week in the new dental emergency operatory located in the Emergency Department.
When scheduling your appointment with a physician, please confirm your insurance is one that is accepted.