Department of Radiology at Lenox Hill Hospital
The Department of Radiology at Lenox Hill Hospital is staffed with expert, specialized, board-certified radiologists. The department offers a variety of exams using the most up-to-date in imaging technology and radiation safety. As part of the North Shore-LIJ Health System, the radiologists closely coordinate with each patient’s physician to ensure efficient transfer of information to benefit the patient’s care.
Customer service team members are available at the department. This team provides services for patients and physicians, including:
- Assisting patients with requesting copies or CDs of their films
- Assisting physicians who wish to consult with or contact a radiologist, find out the status of an exam or obtain a patient report
Scheduling an appointment
To schedule an appointment, use our online form or call (212) 434-2900 and use one of the following options:
- Scheduling – option 1
- Doctor’s office – option 2
- Customer service – option 3
- Billing questions – option 4
- Modalities – option 5
Scheduling office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
Insurance and important forms:
In order to save time, the following forms can be printed, and filled out prior to your arrival in the Radiology Department. These forms enable us to perform your study, while also providing us with all of the information needed to process your claim.
The links below go to PDF documents:
- Department of Radiology form
- Patient Information Sheet
- Orthopaedic MRI Questionnaire
- CT Scan Questionnaire
Preparing for an appointment
The radiology department offers a variety of procedures, some of which require special preparation. Patients should plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment time. Upon arrival, the patient will meet briefly with the registrar to complete the registration.
What to bring to an appointment:
- Patients are required to bring a valid script/referral from their doctor’s office
- Authorizations are required, prior to patients’ arrival
- Patients should bring picture ID
- Patients should come with their valid insurance cards
Questions can be directed to:
Neal Epstein, MD, chairman, Department of Radiology – (212) 434-2522
Fred DeSarno, administrative director, Department of Radiology – (212) 434-2942
Education & training
The radiologists participate in the Lenox Hill Hospital residency program in diagnostic radiology. The department features 3.0 Tesla High field MRI, 64 and 256 Channel CT, PET-CT, SPECT-CT, PACS, and separate inpatient and outpatient areas. The department currently performs nearly 200,000 exams annually and is growing. Learn more about the Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Here is a listing of some of the comprehensive services we provide: 3.0 Tesla High Field MRI, Biopsies and Aspirations, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Breast Imaging, Breast MRI, Comprehensive Diagnostic Imaging/Radiology Services, CT Scan Low Dose, CTA, Fluoroscopy, Interventional Radiology, IVP, Nuclear Medicine, PET/CT, Ultrasound. For more information on other services please call us.
When scheduling your appointment with a physician, please confirm your insurance is one that is accepted.
- Abdominal radiology
- Diagnostic radiology
- Endovascular surgical neuroradiology
- Interventional radiology and diagnostic radiology
- Medical physics
- Musculoskeletal radiology
- Nuclear radiology
- Vascular and interventional radiology