International Medicine Program at Lenox Hill Hospital
Every year, more than a thousand people visit Lenox Hill Hospital from all over the world for their medical care needs.
The international medicine program team is committed to make each patient’s visit as comfortable as possible and to meet the unique needs of the patient and their family.
The team’s mission is to care for patients from foreign countries and to elevate the level of care provided around the world by setting the standard of excellence in medical education, research and clinical care, promote wellness and provide outstanding healthcare with compassion and respect.
The international medicine team is a dedicated group that flawlessly combines patients’ medical needs, individualized preferences, cultural and religious expectations into a tailored experience. They offer services, including travel accommodations and customized financial planning, with world-class care in Manhattan’s Upper East Side neighborhood.
The international medicine team ensures that each patient has a seamless and stress-free experience by providing personalized services and assisting with unique needs.
How to schedule an appointment
Lenox Hill Hospital has a dedicated team to help patients navigate the organization, find the right physician, plan treatment and schedule all appropriate appointments.
To request an appointment, please choose one of the following options:
- Call (212) 434-6000. The office hours are: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Please note, to call from outside of the U.S., make sure to dial your country’s exit code first, then 1-212-434-6000.
- Send an e-mail to InternationalProgram@nshs.edu
- Use our appoinment request form
Please have the following information ready when requesting an appointment:
- Patient information:
- Full patient’s name
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Full name
- Phone number
- Relationship to patient
Appointment request information:
- Clinical information
- Time frame (if available)
Before a visit
Once a patient contacts the office, the team will assist the patient through the following steps:
- Fill out a new patient demographic form
- Gather medical records
- Determine the most appropriate and treatment plan
- Scheduling appointment dates and times
- Visa travel if necessary
- Cost estimation
- Insurance verification
- Payment options
Travel and lodging:
- Airport options
- On the ground transportation – Concord Limousine, (718) 965-6100
- Hotels and long term accommodation options (Please note that there are many hotels in close proximity to Lenox Hill Hospital.)
During the visit
Once a patient arrives at the selected hotel or apartment, the international medicine team will provide the following services:
- Contact the patient upon arrival
- Meet the patient before the first appointment
- Financial counseling
- Escort the patient to the initial appointment
- Help schedule additional appointments
- Assist with any pharmaceutical and medical equipment needs
- Assist with guest services needs
- Provide medical records as they become available
- Facilitate follow up with the Lenox Hill physicians
- Facilitate communication with the patient’s in-country treating physician
- Assist with pharmaceutical needs
- Schedule follow up appointments
If a patient needs to cancel an appointment, the team requests at least 48 hours notice. This is critical so we can provide the opportunity for another patient to fill in the appointment slot.
For more information about or questions about the International Medicine Program, contact Mallini Gumti at (212) 434-3018, (516) 408-0841 or email@example.com.