Katz Women's Hospital at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Katz Women's Hospital was designed to help patients take advantage of all of the North Shore-LIJ Health System specialized women's services. This quality path of care includes programs in: perinatal and obstetrics, gynecology, urogynecology, minimally invasive and robotic surgery, infertility and pediatric and adolescent gynecology.
North Shore-LIJ is committed to women’s health and family-centered care. The state-of-the-art facility at Katz Women's Hospital reflects the heart of that commitment, as well as dedication to service, comfort and the highest standards of quality and care.
Services and features at Katz Women's Hospital at Long Island Jewish Medical Center include:
- Single mother and baby rooms
- Each room is equipped with private bathroom and shower (all ADA compliant), wireless internet, rocking chair, flat screen TV and overnight accommodations for significant other. Each is designed to provide for emergency equipment and couplet care.
- Special rooms for high risk patients are also available.
- Respite Well Baby Newborn Nursery & Constant Observation Well Baby Newborn Nursery
- Diagnostic and treatment unit, which serves as an emergency department for pregnant women
- State of the art labor and delivery rooms
- Operating Rooms
- Each with flat screen TV monitors in the ceiling with soothing images and music.
- Childbirth education office and classroom
- Ambulatory lactation consultation services
- Retail store focusing on women’s and newborn products
- Women’s resource center
- Botanical garden
- Family lounge
- Patient and family classrooms
- Meditation room