Each of the disease-oriented cancer centers and departments associated with the Cancer Institute represent a multidisciplinary team involved with research, prevention, diagnosis, treatment, support and post-treatment care.
Our centers and departments
North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute is comprised of cancer centers and departments that offer focused expertise around a particular specialty area. These centers and departments bring together our team of multidisciplinary specialists to deliver a coordinated approach to cancer from research to prevention to post-treatment care.
- Brain Tumor Center
- Breast Cancer Center
- Center for Cancer Genetics and Cancer Control
- Center for Head and Neck Oncology
- Gastrointestinal Oncology Center
- Gynecologic Oncology Center
- Hematologic Oncology Center
- Lung Cancer Center
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Center
- Prostate and Genitourinary Cancer Center
- Supportive Oncology and Pain Management Center
- Melanoma & Rare Skin Cancer Center
- Division of Hematology / Medical Oncology
- Department of Radiation Medicine
- Section of Surgical Oncology
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Pathology
Cancers we treat
The team at the North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute diagnoses and expertly treats more than 16,000 patients every year for many types of cancer, including advanced stage and complex cancers.
Find a condition
Treatments & services offered
To ensure that patients receive the very best care, North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute has invested in state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment technology and the latest therapies.