North Shore-LIJ Health System offers robotic surgery using the state-of-the-art da Vinci® Robotic Surgery System at several hospitals in the New York metropolitan area. Our surgeons use this cutting-edge technology to perform precise procedures including:
- Robotic cancer surgery — A revolutionary approach to the surgical treatment of many types of cancers ranging from prostate, kidney and colon, to cervical and uterine cancers and thoracic tumors.
- Robotic cardiovascular and thoracic surgery — A minimally invasive alternative to traditional open-chest surgery.
- Robotic general surgery — All aspects of general surgery, including robotic surgery procedures for the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, liver, spleen and pancreas.
- Robotic urology surgery — Optimizing the three critical and inter-related aspects of urologic oncologic surgery: cancer control, urinary function, and sexual function.
- Pediatric urologic surgery – Congenital anomalies of the urinary tract can be corrected with precision and in a minimally invasive manner.
- Women's health and gynecologic robotic surgery — Many complex gynecologic conditions can now be treated effectively without a big incision.
To arrange a consultation or find out if robotic surgery is right for you, contact one of the following centers or hospitals offering robotic surgery:
Robotic surgery locations
- Cancer Institute
- North Shore-LIJ Cancer Institute at Huntington - Hematology/Medical Oncology
- Cohen Children's Medical Center
- Department of Surgery at Huntington Hospital
- Department of Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Huntington Hospital
- Katz Women's Hospital at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Katz Women's Hospital at North Shore University Hospital
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- North Shore University Hospital
- Staten Island University Hospital North Campus
- Staten Island University Hospital South Campus
- The Smith Institute for Urology
- The Smith Institute for Urology at Garden City
- The Smith Institute for Urology at St. James
- The Smith Institute for Urology at the Center for Advanced Medicine, extension of North Shore University Hospital
- Waldbaum Prostate Cancer and Robotic Surgery Center