Please understand that interns are expected to meet the following requirements in order to obtain the Verification Statement at the end of the program. The Verification Statement is required in order to take the Registration Examination to become a Registered Dietitian.
- Complete all rotations, modules, assignments, case studies and presentations as evidenced by satisfactory evaluations by preceptors and program coordinator.
- Complete a clinical nutrition examination with a score 85% or higher in order to advance into Clinical III: Critical Care, Pediatrics and Staff Relief.
- Clinical III: complete a final examination with a score of 85% or higher is required for graduation.
- Evaluate your own progress with the help of the Preceptor after each section of the internship (i.e., clinical, food service and community).
- Clinical III: a final examination with a score of 85% or higher.
- Participate in a final evaluation process in order to receive your verification statement.
- Perform ethically in accordance with the values of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics by following the standards of Professional Practice (2008) and The American Dietetic Association Code of Ethics (2009)
- Perform self-assessment and participate in professional development.
- Strive to provide the highest quality of nutrition care and service excellence.
Back to Top