Fellowship in Critical Care Nursing
The Willliam Randolph Hearst Critical care Nursing Fellowship at North Shore-LIJ Health System gives recent graduates and experienced nurses interested in critical care the opportunity and tools to advance within the field.
This three-phase fellowship focuses on critical care within a selected range of specilaties:
- Cardiothoracic ICU
- Coronary Care
- Medical ICU
- Neuroscience ICU
- Post-anesthesia Care Uniit
- Cardiac Catherization Lab
- Surgical ICU
The program includes three major components:
- Patient simulation experiences through the use of technically-enhanced, anatomically-correct mannequins such as SimMan™, SimMan Essential™, SimMan 3G™, and SimJunior.
- Didactic experiences and professional seminars that focus on comprehensive assessment skills, patient care management, interprofessional collaboration and nursing models of care delivery
- Direct care assignments across the range of selected specialties
Applicants interested in the William Randolph Hearst Critical Care Nurse Fellowship should apply through North Shore-LIJ's career portal. Applicants must be New York State RN-licensed or permit eligible and willing to make an employment commitment for 24 months.