Continuing Nursing Education at the Institute for Nursing provides nursing education, conferences, training, online education and nursing grand rounds to North Shore-LIJ nurses and other health care professionals. North Shore-LIJ Health System is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the New York State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
The Institute for Nursing offers conferences, seminars, online courses and workshops throughout the year, including:
- Cardiac Conference
- Critical Care Conference
- Diabetes Conference
- Emergency Department Conference
- Medical-Surgical Conference
- Neonatal Conference
- Nursing Leadership Conference
- Pediatric Conference
- Perianesthesia Conference
- Perinatal Conference
- Perioperative Conference
- Research Conference
Conferences and programs offered by the Institute for Nursing are maintained in the iLearn system. To register for Institute for Nursing courses:
- Login to iLearn
- Select “Catalog” tab
- Select "Catalog" folder icon
- For NSLIJ Employees, Select “NSLIJ Catalog” folder icon
- For NUMC and Non-NSLIJ Employees, Select “Guest Catalog” folder icon
- Select “Institute for Nursing” folder icon
- Select “Continuing Education – Nursing” folder icon
- Then select the appropriate conference/program
Payment for courses must be in the form of a credit card. Confirmation and receipt for credit card payments will be sent to the email address entered.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Please note that cancellations can be made up until 48-hours prior to the start of the program for a refund with a $40.00 Administrative Fee. No refunds for no shows. Unfortunately, we are unable to honor any substitute attendees or walk-ins on the day of the conference.
- $ 99 North Shore-LIJ Health System employees/full time under-graduate students (ID REQUIRED). Enter promo code: NSLIJ
- $129 Nassau University Medical Center employees.
- Enter promo code AFF
- $149 Non-North Shore-LIJ Health System employees