Fellowship in Body Imaging at North Shore-LIJ Health System
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology at North Shore-LIJ Health System offers a one-year fellowship training program in body imaging, which includes body, breast, musculoskeletal imaging and interventional techniques. The department uses state-of-the-art ultrasound, CT and MRI equipment and provides imaging support for nine hospitals in the health system, as well as six outpatient facilities.
Our faculty members are nationally renowned with extensive experience in body imaging. Fellows in this program obtain a faculty position at the Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine and are also encouraged to participate in research conducted at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research.
The program combines a broad array of didactic teaching with high volume clinical learning opportunities.
The body imaging training program at North Shore University Hospital admits three fellows annually. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning July 1; however a preference is given to applicants who submit applications early. Trainees must have completed an ACGME-accredited diagnostic radiology residency training program and be either licensed in New York state or eligible for a license.
Interested applicants must apply using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Essential application information includes:
- Universal application
- Curriculum vitae
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Medical school diploma, final transcript and performance evaluation
- Personal statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one from your current program director.
- ECFMG Status Report, if applicable
John Stephen Pellerito, MD
- Associate Chairman of Radiology - Body Imaging, North Shore University Hospital
- Chief of Division of Radiology - Body Imaging, North Shore University Hospital
- Assistant Professor, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine
- view full profile